Help students curate careers that cater to their lives.
- Hospitality is an $44.6 BILLION industry in Michigan.
- There are over 450,000 JOBS across the state.
- 7 OF THE FASTEST GROWING JOBS in Michigan are hospitality-based.
- Hospitality offers LUCRATIVE, FULLTIME CAREERS with room to advance.
- There are opportunities STATEWIDE AND WORLDWIDE.
What is the Michigan Hospitality Foundation (MHF)?
MHF, formerly known as Michigan Restaurant & Lodging Association Educational Foundation, prepares and trains students in hospitality to drive positive economic growth in the state of Michigan. The organization’s two key programs, ProStart and Hospitality & Tourism Management (HTM), propel young talent into rewarding hospitality careers.
What is ProStart?
ProStart is the most comprehensive career and technical education culinary program in the country. The two-year high school program unites classroom and industry, preparing students for careers in restaurants and food service. It connects them to rewarding scholarship, apprenticeship and networking opportunities for successful advancement into the industry upon graduation.
- The career and technical education culinary program of choice for the Michigan Department of Education
- Aligns with CIP code 12.0500
- Backed by the National Restaurant Association
- Nationally accredited and recruited
- Successfully run in 70 Michigan districts and growing
What is Hospitality & Tourism Management (HTM)?
HTM is a modern, industry-driven and co-designed program that introduces high school students to the world of hospitality.
Talk to us and earn the chance to win a free catered lunch for teachers.
Want to learn about implementing ProStart and HTM in your school? Fill out your information and we’ll contact you to talk one on one. As an added bonus, you’ll be entered to win a free catered lunch for 20 teachers.